- Identifying growth sectors within a new attitudinally based audience segmentation
- Setting brand priorities
- Proposition option development and evaluation to arrive at new brand propositions for a portfolio of brands
- A two and half year project
- Evaluating and redefining the Stella Artois target audience
- Sizing the opportunity in view of the redefined audience
- Gaining belief in the analysis across the organisation and identifying what needs to change as a result of our work via company-wide conferences and workshops
Not for profit
- Amnesty International: Digital research and strategy development
- The Art Fund: Brand tracking, audience identification, membership research and new product development
- The Fairtrade Foundation: On-site evaluation of fund-raising events
- The National Literacy Trust: Development of a strategy to engage hard to reach groups
- World Child Cancer: Production of a marketing strategy and advertising to raise awareness
- Pain relief
- Vitamin supplements
- Erectile dysfunction
- Digestive health
And on everything from advertising development to insight generation to process development.
- Battersea Power Station
- Redevelopment of Digbeth, Birmingham
- Blackwood, Moscow, Russia
- NOMA, Manchester
- Crown Estates
- Review of luxury property developments for a leading advertising agency
- National Trust
For an example of our work in this sector, go HERE to see our work for Battersea Power Station
- Defining attitudinally based target audiences and identifying their needs, brand definition and how that definition comes to life in practice, including staff engagement workshops
- Campaign planning processes and principles
- Environmental issues: consumer attitudes and retailer response
- NPD launch communications planning
- For the V&A in the UK we have conducted two audience segmentations, then identified perceptions of the Museum among visitors and similar non visitors. Using qualitative research and our panel. Messaging has then been developed to attract disposed non visitors
- For the Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace in France, we have worked on the optimal proposition and execution for a new children’s area within the museum
- We have worked on numerous membership projects including benefits evaluation, pricing, and member satisfaction tracking
We have conducted over five hundred projects in this sector.
I just wanted to say that I’ve just been through your debriefs again today and I think they are great pieces of work. Many thanks for all your efforts on this.
A project followed and the author went to No. 1 in the bestseller list, never having been in the top 10 before.
Since then we have worked with some of the world’s leading authors and have also worked on imprint portfolio management and imprint naming. We have worked with most of the world’s leading publishers, whether book or magazine publishers. In the ever changing world of magazine publishing we’ve worked with Hachette, Emap, Future and Hearst in their various guises, on everything from gaming to celebrity to fashion. aaa
- Working with Microsoft looking at structure and culture to put the consumer closer to the center of thinking
- Working with O2 to develop and evaluate music offerings for the youth market and with a number of clients to evaluate the impact of online social media on brands and communications
- Evaluating one of the biggest digital marketing campaigns to have ever run in the UK
- Developing an added value app for a membership scheme
B2B and service businesses have a lot in common. People often deliver the brand and service experience and there are moves to work more online, bringing +’s and -’s. We have run global projects, for example for the Swiss based medical testing equipment business, Tecan, defining what positively differentiates them from competitors in the eyes of different customer sectors and how that is built upon and communicated. You can find out about Tecan HERE. We have run a similar global project for ASG, the print and packaging supplier to the film, music and gaming sectors. you can find out about ASG HERE. We have also run local projects for UK businesses. For example, defining the proposition for PwC’s strategic consulting division, which is less well known and so perception is led by the perception of the accounting practice. You can find out about PwC Strategy HERE.
- Direct Line: NPD
- NatWest: ln branch literature evaluation and rationalisation
- Invesco Perpetual: Developing a Marketing Strategy, putting evaluation mechanisms in place and auditing departmental skills
- HSBC: Global integration of an acquired bank
- BUPA: defining health care need states and consequent product offerings
My team felt it was the best training they’d had.
It provided theory backed up by real examples, and processes that have given us a framework which is being used daily.
Thank you very much
About the title image:
Soho Square was originally known as King Square after Charles II, whose statue stands in the square today. At the time it was one of the most fashionable places to live in London.
21 Soho Square was home to the White House brothel, described by social researcher Henry Mayhew as a “notorious place of ill fame”. It later became the offices of Crosse and Blackwell, before their sale to Nestle.
Media businesses abound around the Square now, and it is often asked what the significance of the famous timber framed black and white building in the picture above is. It is nothing more than a gardeners storeroom!